Wednesday, February 10, 2010

SURFING!!!

We bought Brint a surfboard for his birthday and the sad part is he was SO incredibly busy with school that he had to wait almost a whole week to use it.  :( But while all the law students were busy with their memo due, me and the wives of other students went out surfing in Waikiki!! oh my goodness... I was so incredibly nervous. Don't know if you remember or not, but I am so afraid of the ocean and everything that lives in the ocean... so getting me out in the water in the first place was a BIG deal... then paddling out to the waves was an even BIGGER deal. Haha but we had so much fun! I was able to catch 2 waves and stood up twice...
Then I decided I needed my own board because I loved surfing so much and I wanted to be able to go out with Brint and our friends when they all go... so I went to Costco and bought my very first surfboard....
How cute... right??? Brint and I were able to go out together the other day and had a blast! haha Brint caught the biggest wave of the day! and I was so chicken because there were rocks underneath us and the waves looked huge! (I guess they were only maybe a foot and a half to two feet) and someone said that the place we were at, the shark sometimes comes and visits... so I was really trying hard not to completely FREAK out.... but we saw 2 turtles while we were out and surfed until sunset... it was beautiful. Next time I'll take the camera out and get pictures!

11 comments:

erin said...

good job girl looks so fun!

Whitni Watkins said...

I'm jealous.
here everyone is complaining of snow, me included. and there is more to come.
And there you are in sunshine Hawaii surfing.
:-(
At least you had a blast!

Rachael and Jeff Downs said...

Loveit! I'm not scared of the ocean, but for some reason I'm scared of surfing! Maybe it's because you have to go further out before coming back in to the shallows, haha :) Lucky you! Hope you have lots of fun!

Merkley Jiating said...

Your car is so cute!

Sara said...

You are looking darker! I have the same fear of the ocean. On our honeymoon, we went snorkling and I hated it! I'm better now so maybe one day I will try it again.

Sarah and Trent said...

That look so flippin' fun!!

So...we went to church today and there was a couple that from behind looked exactly like you two! My heart stopped and I started to get excited... And then I realized it wasn't you. Dang it!

Courtney said...

looks awesome! I have only been surfing once but I loved it. It might be a little hard to lay on my belly and paddle right now but after this baby comes I'd love to join you!

leslie said...

YESSSS I love this. I need to visit asap. I could really use some relaxation and sunshine.

Natalie said...

yay for you! and yes, you look darling with your surf board on your car!

i am the EXACT same way about the ocean. did you know sharks come to warm shallow waters at sunset to eat? i swear they do! i'm 100%chicken when it comes to the ocean. you can find me on the sand getting fried instead.

Trisha said...

Okay, are you serious! Holy cow, you are living the LIFE!!! EnJOY it! I'm jealous!

Anonymous said...

I don't think you want to drive up to the pearly gates in a bikini either. Please don't profess to be a member if you're not willing to live the standards. It's very hypocritical. Living in Hawaii is no excuse. Maybe you ought to read the blog seriously,so blessed. It is a SPOOF about the young Mormon wives whose husbands are in grad school. yes, they talk about their "modest bikinis." You need to know that others are laughing at this and not at all impressed.

I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com