Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My Better After

We were driving home one day and I spotted this beauty on the side of the road in the "trash" pile. I could not resist to just keep driving and leave it there to be decomposed of. So I convinced Brint to bring it home and have it be my new project.
Now by the time I had it in our carport and got a good look at it, I knew exactly where I was going to put this and how it was going to look. Thanks to being here in Hawaii though, Home Depot does not carry the supplies I was wanting to use to make this thing SHINE! So I had to go to my plan "B". And I am really satisfied on how it turned out in the end. So I ended up sanding the whole thing and getting a HUGE blister on my pinkie finger, then primed the dresser. Then let the red paint begin.
I mod podged the drawers with wrapping paper that I found and fell in love with. The top and the sides are still painted with primer. The funny thing was that the gray primer even looked good because it made the gray flowers pop out.
But doesnt' the black look SO good?? I think it looks so clean with the black on it, which is exactly what I was going for. Now for the final picture:


Walla! It was seriously made for that wall. It fits perfectly and really completes the room. Now I need some decorations to go on top, add a little lamp and the room will be complete.

11 comments:

Merkley Jiating said...

Wow. Amazing. I don't know how to do anything like this!

Jonathan and Sarah said...

Holy crafty and creative! Can you teach me please?!

Hiatt Family said...

That looks awesome!!!

erin said...

look at you getting all crafty! good job :)

ConnieB said...

I love it! SO perfect for Hawaii too! (:

Jenni Sue said...

You are so talented!! I want you to come home now so we can do crafts together! :)

leslie said...

Okay MAD SKILLS. Congrats you!! Mom wishes she had a blog. I tell her it's easy, but honestly I never update mine, so I'm not really one to talk... ;) LOVE!

Sarah and Trent said...

Good job on the project AND surviving the first year of school!! I think it gets easier now that the first year's over...

Way to go!

Kacie said...

OOOO!! I love it! Good job. You have an eye for crafty things! I want to get better at that!

The Pearson's said...

OKay! You live down the street from me and I still yet have not picked your brain enuff! I want to be talented like you! I want to do something pretty like this! But what? I seriously look at every dump pile we pass now I look at crap for crap to make prettier! Im counting on you to get my butt in gear and show me your skills!

:) Looks great Brea! Awesome work!

Hillary said...

You are amazing, way cute!

I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com