Sometimes I feel like we are all alone out here in the middle of the ocean. We went back to the mainland this past weekend for Brint's brother Jesse's wedding in Utah. We got to see some family and friends and while it was great to see everyone, I found myself feeling ready to go home. I have been thinking about this now for a little while, and Hawaii is really starting to feel like our home. It's so WEIRD! Growing up, I never thought I would leave Mesa, AZ. I would get married, have a family, go to grandma and grandpa's house and drop the kids off so I can have a date with my hubby, let the kids play with cousins, go shopping with other moms, play groups, plan to have babies together with sisters and friends, etc. But right now, at this moment in my life I'm O.K. with being here, in the middle of the ocean, with just me and Brint (and Duke of course) and leaning on each other. I used to think that I could never survive without my family, and I'm doin' just fine without them. YES, of course, I miss them and feel like I am missing out on watching my sisters grow and being apart of all the wedding plans going on, but I'm content where I am.
Maybe one day we'll be back in Mesa...maybe not! we'll just have to wait and see....
3 comments:
i dont think i like this post very much....
I needed to hear this! I'm starting to get nervous about possibly moving to Mexico, because I have NO IDEA what to expect. I'm so glad you are loving Hawaii! I'm sure Lincoln & I will feel the same way once we are gone & settled (hopefully!).
This post was just what I needed- we plan on moving out of AZ next year and I am NOT excited about it. Hopefully I'll have the same perspective as you once we move- thanks for writing this Brea!
Post a Comment