Sunday, January 22, 2012

2012 DIET

So when Brint and I got home from AZ we decided that we were going to go on a diet and actually follow through with it.... SOOOO the diet that we choose was actually, in my opinion, one of the healthiest and best diets for your body. Brint has a friend that had come up with this diet and it consist of being a vegan for 2 strait weeks and drinking a cleanse at the same time.

When we were first starting I was super jazzed about it and totally ready to get all that "extra" stuff out of my body and start 2012 fresh! about day 3, I was over it! haha I'm not a very good dieter, mostly because I have never been on a diet before. But we stuck to our guns. In the gram scheme of things, I actually couldn't finish the diet out by drinking the amount of the liquid that was told to drink. I actually started gaining wait and I felt so bloated. So I ended up cutting that portion out and just sticking to the NO meats, dairy, or carbs. I lost about 2 solid pounds in 2 weeks and Brint, who did a heck of a lot better than me, lost about 9 pound! =)

What I loved about this diet though, is that you are never hungry! You can eat as much fruits and veggies as you want. Also you can have beans and white & brown rice, preferably brown rice. But cooking this way forced me to get creative with dinner/lunch. Some of the meal I made were a veggie stir fry over white rice, black bean soup with avocado, tomatoes & olives, I also made chipotle style celantro white rice with flavored black beans... YUMMY! Lots of salads with all the yummy non-carb fixins and snacks were apples, pears, carrots, celery, mixed nuts, trail mix, cutie oranges, bananas, etc. Pretty much anything you can come up with that grows from the earth.

Even though I didn't loose a ton of weight, I feel great. I feel healthy and I love the way it forced me to think outside my box and make dinner that wasn't centered around meat. I think from now on, Brint and I will try to stick with keeping lots of veggies in our diet and keeping our meat portions down.

SO if any of you are interested in going on a good wholesome diet, try it out! It's only 2 weeks long, but it might change your eating habits for a lifetime!

http://ripvenice.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post Brea. I have lost 11 pounds on this diet. I agree it is not about the 2 week portion, but about changing your eating habits for life. We have done great at eating our oatmeal for breakfast, salads at lunch and our rice and beans mixes for dinner. There are so many options once you start trying new things.

I would absolutely suggest checking out the diet. And by the way, I got super bloated from the drinks too, then I pushed through for one more day and then bloating was no longer an issue. Haha.

Happy Dieting!

Shaun

The Pearson's said...

Thats awesome! Good for you guys! I can't believe Brint lost 9 lbs what a reward... ;)
Keep up the hard work!

I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com