Wednesday, May 23, 2012

LAW SCHOOL GRADUATION

He did it!
We made it through Law School!!!!!!!

Graduation day was so much fun. The Law School graduation was probably the best graduation ceremony I've ever been to. It was small and personal. Everyone knew everyone and there were so many flowers and leis! By the end of it all, some of Brint's classmates, you couldn't see their faces! It was hilarious! It will definitely be a day that we remember!

Brint's parents and grandma were able to come out for graduation. It was so nice to have family in town. I always love it. It allows me to remember what it's like to have family love and support close to you. I think we took that for granted before we left for school. But we had a lot of fun with them here. They got to experience swimming with turtles and relaxing on the beaches. Graduation day was on Mother's Day this year so I think it was a special treat for Brint's mom to watch him graduate Law School on Mother's Day.

Opening presents before graduation! I made Brint a photo book of all our memories here in Hawaii. It turned out really nice. I was happy and so was he.

Brint and I before graduation began.
There was a toast to all the graduates and families were invited.



Me, Grandma, and Mom Hiatt waiting for the ceremony to begin.

A few girls from Brint's class did hula... it was beautiful.

GRADUATE!
The entire class circled around and sang a beautiful Hawaiian song at the end of the ceremony.

Hugging my honey! I am SO PROUD!

Now here are a few pictures of Brint with some of his close friends.

Brint and I... Look at all those leis!

Brint with his proud parents!

Grandma was such a trooper. She decided to wait while we went down to the grass and hugged everyone since it was chaos down there....So Brint walked up to give her a hug and show her all of his leis. She was a little jealous!

Brint was so kind to give Grandma all of his flower leis... she was so happy!


Overall it was a great weekend! I am so proud of Brint. I feel like we just started this journey and now we're almost to the end. It dawned on me the other day that we could possibly be leaving the islands in 6 months! Holy COW! It's crazy to think about. But for now Brint is studying for the BAR which he'll take in July and then he'll start his last semester of his MBA in Aug. He'll graduate with his MBA in December 2012 and then he's DONE!. We're not sure yet what will happen or where we will go. We're just trying to enjoy what might be our last months here in Hawaii and see where the wind takes us!



4 comments:

erica @ to the sea said...

Yeay!

Cleona said...

Yay! We are so happy for you guys. Enjoy your last 6 months in Hawaii.

Anjane' said...

I know that I've already said congrats multiple times, but I am saying it again! I am so happy for you guys. Med school life has shown me how hard graduate school is & how many sacrifices are made to ensure the end result of graduating! How cool that Diana was able to see Brint graduate on Mother's Day too! Love the pictures...and yes, all of those leis made me laugh. Love you guys!

Unknown said...

Awwwwwww, it is so nice to read this blog from your perspective! I'm glad that you guys had family time! I am not so glad that you could possibly be leaving us so soon!

I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com