Friday, January 11, 2013

Aloha, Hawaii.....

Our final days are here. I can't believe it... our adventures on the islands are coming to an end. We're on to bigger and better things. People keep asking us if we're excited, ready, sad, nervous, etc. The answer to all those questions is YES! We are extremely excited to start this next chapter of our lives together. For the future adventures and for what is to come. However, there will always be a part of our hearts here in Hawaii. There have been so many things that we have grown to love and cherish while living here. Those things are what we are sad to leave behind. Along with the great friends that we've made.

I will always remember the summer of 2009 when we were trying to decided if the University of Hawaii law program was the right choice for us. I remember going back and forth one night for a couple hours and making our pro's and con's list trying to make a final decision. See, I knew this was where we were suppose to be. I felt so right about the decision. (not just because it was Hawaii and I could lay at the beach any time I wanted...) But Brint had a dream to go to Duke Law and when he didn't get accepted he was crushed. So he wasn't ready to change that dream. He fought the decision to come here. Wanted to wait to try and get into Duke again. But he soon got his answer... Hawaii was the right choice for us. We had 3 1/2 weeks to get everything together and move to Hawaii before the school year started. (it was insane!!)

After our first year here at UH Brint got his answer to why he was meant to come to this school. He was able to do a joint degree. And with that was able to graduate with a JD/MBA. What a great accomplishment it's been for him and I. School has been good to us... we have been able to enjoy those weekends on the beach relaxing with friends or just our little family. I'm pretty sure Duke is going to miss running around on the sand and swimming in the ocean. He love, love, loved the water and playing fetch on the sand... great memories!

I would say some of our highlights have been all of our visitors we've had. It was so exciting to be able to show everyone where we lived and what we would do on a daily basis. Where we would go on the weekends and how spoiled at times we were for the beauty that surrounds us.










Aloha Hawaii...

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Cant believe you guys are really done!

Miss you lots honey!!!

erica @ to the sea said...

ahh good luck in your new adventure! i miss hawaii EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Kelsey Bang said...

what fun times you guys have had in hawaii! great memories :)

I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com