Why hello,
I am so excited for this next week... My Aunt Mel and cousin Ricky are coming to town from North Carolina!!! They will be here on Tuesday and I cannot wait. I have not seen Ricky since I was 8 years old. He just graduated from High School and it is going to be a blast having them here. My cousin Tracy and I are planning different things that we can all do together. I think on Wednesday I am going to invite everyone over for a BBQ and we can hang out and go swimming and EAT!!! I know Duke will be so excited to have people visit us. He loves it when people come over.
Also, My uncle Mark is getting married on September 12, 2008. I am seriously so happy for him. There are so many good things happening it finally nice to have some happiness take over. :)
This week Duke had his first class of obedience school at Pets Mart. Oh my goodness he had so much fun. There is just him and another dog in the class and they are both puppies and both BOYS! holy cow can you say ENERGY! they seriously were so funny to watch. We have 3 homework assignments to work with him on. 1) learning his name. And when you say his name he needs to look at you for up to 30 seconds long. This one is kinda hard but he got up to 5 seconds with Brint yesterday and that was only his second day of practicing this. So I think he is doing GREAT! 2) needs to learn the word "off" so when he jumps on you, you have to turn your body and say OFF and he is suppose to stop jumping on you and sit down and then you can give him attention. He is actually really good at this. We have been practicing this for a few weeks now and he has got it down (with us) but when other people come over that's when it is difficult. He just gets so excited and so the trainer said that we need to teach our guest this trick. Then hopefully he will learn and won't do it anymore. 3) He is learning how to recognize a bad sound that we say meaning that something that he is doing is bad or bad for him. Can I just tell you that it is the ugliest sound ever but he is responding to it so that is really all that matters. We have class again on Wednesday and hopefully he shows good improvement. I think he is doing great but he is our dog and I am just a proud parent!
We are going to Utah this next weekend to go and help my sister-in-law Leslie move up there for school. This is her 3rd year and we went and helped last year and had allot of fun so we are excited to go again. Leslie was one of the sisters that at first I had a problem with just because we were the same age and I didn't really know her at all and she was always at school and so I really couldn't get to know her because she was not here. But this summer is different. Her, Aryn and I have gotten along really good this summer and we have had allot of fun. It is so nice to have sisters my age. :) I am use to them being so much younger than I. haha.... but I really enjoy spending time with them. They are becoming my best friends and I cannot wait until they find spouses and we can all go out together. It will be fun.
Well things for Brint and I are going really good. I have been looking at home online in North Carolina because we are planning on moving there around this time next year. I have found the cutest home for so CHEAP compared to the houses here. Oh my gosh! I am so excited to move there. I cannot wait to just get away for a while. Brint will be graduating from ASU soon and then he has to take the LSAT and then we can be on our way. I am so looking forward to it. The only thing is that we probably will have our first child out there and so there will be one one really to help me. But Brint and I both have family out there that live 2-3 hours away from the place that we are looking to live hopefully I will not get homesick. I doubt it...
No comments:
Post a Comment