"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenk's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someones garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."-Marjorie Hinckley
This is my New Years resolution... I want to do all that I can to show acts of service to everyone. I found out this past weekend that it is going to be challenging at times for me to do this simply because I might not get it in return. But I know that with the Lords help I can achieve and concur anything.
8 comments:
I love that quote. I have it on my blog. Seriously she was an inspired woman. Sometimes we get wrapped up in our own selves we forget about all the people that need help. Great resolution!
Ok, that's my new life mission! I love that quote. Thanks for sharing it. And I am so sorry about your wrist. Let me know if there is anything at all that I can do!!! I am only a phone call away and I stay home all day with the new baby. I am always looking for an excuse to get out of the house so don't hesitate. Hope you feel better soon!
I really love that quote. Thanks for sharing it. I totally agree with you on service. And what better time to find more opportunities than when a lot of people are struggling right now. I can't wait to see you guys tomorrow. Love ya!
That's my favorite quote- I will be adding that to my blog! (hope you dont mind) I always loved listening to her talk!!
She was an awesome lady. Definitely great way to live!
By the way, after Bro. Hiatt sang in sacrament today, my 7 year old Zach leaned over after the long last note and said, "He kind of sounds like an angel." I said, "yeah, he does sound good." I thought wow what a compliment and just had to pass that along to you both.
I have always loved that quote. Thanks for sharing it! We can all LIVE a bit more, huh?
Thanks for sharing this quote. I love it. It's a great reminder of how we all should live.
Post a Comment