Friday, January 2, 2009

Catch up time...

Bare with me here, this one is a long one and way out of order... So I apologize in advance. 

Brint and I had a great Christmas. I will start from the beginning... the Eve of Christmas Eve we had my little sisters come and stay with us and do a small Christmas with them... we had a lot of fun. We made cinnamon rolls and ate them all and the girls played with Duke and he was loving every minute of it. And then we opened presents.... Brint and I loved having them here. I have had a hard time this year with not being able to spend time with my sisters and only seeing them here or there and so it was nice just to be with them and hang out and get to know what is going on in their lives... 
Then on Christmas Eve Brint and I met up with his family and went to Logan's Roadhouse (my favorite steak house!!) for dinner and then the traditional walking around at the temple enjoying the lights. This was Brint and mines first Christmas as a married couple and how wonderful that was... we were able to open up presents early (in Brint's family terms, LATE for me... 8am) with just us and Duke and then we headed over to the Hiatt's to open presents and talk to Jesse who is on a mission in South Africa. That I will have to say was the best part. Well let me explain, I don't know Jesse very well but he is Brint's best friend. And to see how happy my husband was to talk to his little brother was the best gift ever. :) 
The day after Christmas we went down to Mexico! I will make a post about this trip later... Let's just say I am hating the thought of going back to work! :) 

Sorry the pictures are a bit out of order... 

Brookie helping clean the counter off so we can get started
 making cinnamon rolls.

Duke got a new outfit for Christmas... So CUTE!

So cute in the morning... Santa brought Brint new softball bats, a bag,
 balls, socks and much more!
The Temple... need I even say more?

Kenedy and Lauren helping Brint make cinnamon rolls. 
making designs in the flour... :)
Kenedy and Duke... Duke loved the girls.

Stephanie... 
KISSES!!! 

Steph and Lauren!

3 comments:

Sarah and Trent said...

Looks like you guys had fun! Your sisters seems very sweet. Glad your back in town! I LOVE my wallflower/Christmas gift - my house smells so good now! You're the best

ConnieB said...

i love the jacket you are wearing at the temple lights. SO cute(:

Trisha said...

Your sisters are so beautiful. I am jealous of you guys!

I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com