Saturday, August 15, 2009

Aloha

We are here and made it safe and sound! It was quite an ordeal getting here... but we made and and are relaxing (finally)!

Let me give you a little run-down of how everything went for us getting to Hawaii. On Tuesday Brint and I left with my car, dad's big red truck, and a HUGE trailer for a Cali to go and drop off all of our stuff at the docks so it can get shipped to Honolulu. Well everything was going great until 9:30am Wednesday morning, we get to the warehouse that we needed to drop all of our goods off at and found out that we packed 3 times as much stuff as we could take! So if you know me, I stared panicking and almost started crying because they were going to charge us an additional $5,000 to take everything we brought. YEAH! So I started going through stuff and figuring out what we could "really" live without and what we needed. The guy comes back out and says that he would take everything for $3,500. So after much thought and talking to Brint's parents we decided to seal the deal. (That is the start of the bad day...)

So then we had another hour drive to the dock where we were dropping the car off at, and we get there and they didn't have us on the records. The people we booked through forgot that tiny little step in our paperwork and so we had to wait 2 1/2 hours until everything went through. So instead of getting home at 2PM we got home at 9PM. We were DEAD! Brint was late for his Guy's night that his friends were planning for him so that really sucked.

We had all day Thursday to say our goodbye's and get finished packing and then we were off Friday morning at 10:55AM. We are still so dead tired from this past week... but we're in paradise so I guess I should just stop complaining now. :)

Anyway, If you have not left a comment stating that you would like to continue checking out our blog, please do. We are going Private on Monday 8/17/09.

10 comments:

Courtney said...

I still can't believe you're moving there! If you have to be a poor college student in the not so fun student life, it might as well be in Hawaii right?! live it up!

Tracy Ann said...

I am so glad you are there safe!! THank you for trying to come see us. I cried when I learned that I had missed you!

Email me every once and a while.:) I miss you already.

Scott goes in for surgery on Tuesday. I will email the family to give an update. Thanks for the prayers.

Darlyn11 said...

hey brea! im glad you got to hawaii okay.

heres my email address so i can keep following your blog!

arlyndarlyn11@gmail.com

marry said...

I told Merrill we need to move to Hawaii and he just laughed... so I'll have to live vicariously through you... so if you would like to let me follow along I'll be dreaming of white sands and blue oceans... www.merrill.jordan@gmail.com

Take Care,

Mary

Wiltbank Family said...

please put us on your blog list
Wendy

carbeep@hotmail.com

Sara said...

we want to see pics of beautiful hawaii! sdcdtc@juno.com

Amy said...

You don't know me but I follow your blog through Sara Crandall's blog and I'm almost positive I went to High School with Brint. I'd love to keep reading your blog if you don't mind.

amydrorbaugh@gmail.com

John and Anna said...

Brea, will you add us to your blog list please?

John and Anna
johnshouseplants@gmail.com

Kathy said...

Hi Brea and Brint,

Hope you enjoy your new life in Hawaii, Good luck in all you do.

I would love for you to add me to your blog list.

kathstrickland@hotmail.com

Luke & Shawnie said...

shawndogg007@hotmail.com

I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com