The reason I have decided to do this is from an email I got from a good friend telling this experience:
Brooks Blog
Hey family and friends!! I am going private REALLY SOON. I never thought I would...but I just experienced a really big freak out. Leave your email info ASAP if you want to keep in touch with our family via blog. I WANT TO HAVE THIS THING CLOSED IN THE NEXT 7 DAYS!
Hey family and friends!! I am going private REALLY SOON. I never thought I would...but I just experienced a really big freak out. Leave your email info ASAP if you want to keep in touch with our family via blog. I WANT TO HAVE THIS THING CLOSED IN THE NEXT 7 DAYS!
I just let a friend of mine know why I am in such a frenzy to set my blog private. She encouraged me to let you all know what happened so you too, can be educated about this new search engine recently launched by Microsoft. I'm going to be blunt and bold about this SERIOUS situation we are dealing with people...
I have SITE METER attached to my blog spot but unfortunately I have been really bad about checking it for unusual visiting sites this past year. To be honest, I have always been very trusting and thought that I could never be the one whom wackos actually target and stalk so I rarely have made efforts to check. Tonight I chose to click into it and directly on the first page I noticed an unusual website that had viewed my blog. Curiously, I clicked onto it to see what it was. The site contained dozens and dozens of images. I began looking closer at them and come to find out there were some VERY inappropriate pictures. I clicked out of the site immediately and sat there talking to Brett about my concerns. We both became VERY worried. The more I sat there, THE MORE SICK TO MY STOMACH I WAS. IF THIS PAGE HAD DIRECT AFFILIATION TO MY BLOG, THEN THAT MEANS THERE IS A GOOD CHANCE THAT THEY HAVE A PICTURE OF MY KIDS OR FAMILY ON THAT PAGE. With out hesitation, I went right back to that page. I was so scared of what I was going to find. There were hundreds of pictures on that page and I looked through each one very quickly but efficiently when all of a sudden I FOUND A PICTURE OF MY SWEET TAYLIN. Yes, a picture of my sweet Taylin on the same page as pornographic AND child perverted pictures. I then returned BACK to my site meter to look for other sites in direct affiliation with my blog. I found a different website that had come to my page 5 TIMES THAT INCLUDED A PICTURE OF RIDGE WITH HIS LITTLE BUNS SHOWING AS HE WAS SITTING ON THE TABLE DOING DISHES. I'm just sick right now. My sweet innocent children so exposed. I FEEL SO VIOLATED AND SCARED.
I immediately googled the website BING to find out more about what it is. I then went to WWW.VOICEFORTHECHILDREN.BLOGSPOT.COM to see if I could find anything. Here is an explanation of what this website is.
BING:
I have SITE METER attached to my blog spot but unfortunately I have been really bad about checking it for unusual visiting sites this past year. To be honest, I have always been very trusting and thought that I could never be the one whom wackos actually target and stalk so I rarely have made efforts to check. Tonight I chose to click into it and directly on the first page I noticed an unusual website that had viewed my blog. Curiously, I clicked onto it to see what it was. The site contained dozens and dozens of images. I began looking closer at them and come to find out there were some VERY inappropriate pictures. I clicked out of the site immediately and sat there talking to Brett about my concerns. We both became VERY worried. The more I sat there, THE MORE SICK TO MY STOMACH I WAS. IF THIS PAGE HAD DIRECT AFFILIATION TO MY BLOG, THEN THAT MEANS THERE IS A GOOD CHANCE THAT THEY HAVE A PICTURE OF MY KIDS OR FAMILY ON THAT PAGE. With out hesitation, I went right back to that page. I was so scared of what I was going to find. There were hundreds of pictures on that page and I looked through each one very quickly but efficiently when all of a sudden I FOUND A PICTURE OF MY SWEET TAYLIN. Yes, a picture of my sweet Taylin on the same page as pornographic AND child perverted pictures. I then returned BACK to my site meter to look for other sites in direct affiliation with my blog. I found a different website that had come to my page 5 TIMES THAT INCLUDED A PICTURE OF RIDGE WITH HIS LITTLE BUNS SHOWING AS HE WAS SITTING ON THE TABLE DOING DISHES. I'm just sick right now. My sweet innocent children so exposed. I FEEL SO VIOLATED AND SCARED.
I immediately googled the website BING to find out more about what it is. I then went to WWW.VOICEFORTHECHILDREN.
BING:
The major problem with Bing is that it has brought pornography directly into your home or office. Porn is no longer a few clicks away.
When you search on Bing, you no longer have to click to go to a different website to view porn. All you have to do is roll over the thumbnail image of the video on the video will begin to play snippets of the pornographic video.
Imagine the harmful effects if a child is searching on Bing and merely rolls over the image and instantly the child is watching a porn video.
This is completely unacceptable and irresponsible of Microsoft to launch a program such as this without a solution to block pornographic videos.
DO NOT USE BING AND ESPECIALLY DO NOT LET YOUR CHILDREN SEARCH ON BING!!
When you search on Bing, you no longer have to click to go to a different website to view porn. All you have to do is roll over the thumbnail image of the video on the video will begin to play snippets of the pornographic video.
Imagine the harmful effects if a child is searching on Bing and merely rolls over the image and instantly the child is watching a porn video.
This is completely unacceptable and irresponsible of Microsoft to launch a program such as this without a solution to block pornographic videos.
DO NOT USE BING AND ESPECIALLY DO NOT LET YOUR CHILDREN SEARCH ON BING!!
*Do yourselves a favor and add VOICEFORTHECHILDREN to your blog. My uncle, Jeremy Geigle, is President of Arizona Family Council and between him and a few other family members, they are SO diligent about keeping this blog up to date. They want nothing more than to educate all of us on how we can keep our families safe and protected from the pornographic world.
As ruthless as it is, I hope I DID scare a lot of you. We stay so sheltered and ignorant thinking it will never happen to us...but let me tell you people, CHILD PORNOGRAPHY IS EVERYWHERE. Let me remind everyone too that Phoenix now is the #1 kidnapping capital in America.
As ruthless as it is, I hope I DID scare a lot of you. We stay so sheltered and ignorant thinking it will never happen to us...but let me tell you people, CHILD PORNOGRAPHY IS EVERYWHERE. Let me remind everyone too that Phoenix now is the #1 kidnapping capital in America.
Please everyone be aware....
Thanks,
B
33 comments:
Ok I think I just came to your blog through Mandy's blog her husband and mine served their mission together. Thanks for posting this!! I will be going private now...do you mind if I share that email from your friend on my blog to warn my friends and family??? I have a belly ache now. Let me know if that's ok...thanks :)
Angie
www.happydayhappyday.blogspot.com
Oh and ps your wedding pics are amazing!! : )
Yeah, thanks for posting this. I won't be going private; probably wound if I had kiddos. My email is shillybean65@hotmail.com
spelling error, I meant to type would. no wounds here
i would like to keep following your blog. momsark@whitemtns.com
I want to go private now, that is very scary. Add me to your list please.
baybrink4@gmail.com
Thanks Brea for the warning! Personally, I like stalkers... just kidding.
When I have a family, I will have a private blog for my kids...and keep my regular one up :)
busybeelaurenblog@gmail.com
jnsnolan@gmail.com
I just read that same post yesterday because a friend on my blog is friends with those people
That is so scary! I would love to be invited I Love hearing how you and Brint are doing!
Thanks,
your cousin,
mary
vidamae@live.com
jmkelias@live.com
that is so creepy...
what the heck is wrong with people these days..
dewittk6@yahoo.com
Wow, that is so crazy! I can't believe it. My email is:
lauralooter10@gmail.com
Count me in on your private blog - I want to be a part of all of your Hawaiian fun! :) eb_morgan@hotmail.com
Thanks - sorry I can't be there for your going away party!! Good luck to you guys!
Emily
I need to dream vicariously through you and your travails in Hawaii!!! Have a fantastic time - what an experience!!!!!
daniellehiatt@gmail.com
I don't comment very often on your blog but I think you are so cute. If you don't mind me still following you that would be awesome. kimberlywinfield@gmail.com
ehutch.az@gmail.com
Thanks for informing us!!!
Hey B! Add me! jodibeth84@yahoo.com
Whitneydeering@msn.com
I want to keep reading your blog just so I can be jealous of your posts about your new and exciting life in Hawaii! : ) emilyjstephens@yahoo.com.
Thanks for you post. I never even thought about someone taking my pictures. I know you can encrypt them but I might have to go private on our blog. That makes me sick to think that could ever happen to us!! Thanks
i'm officially freaked out now. How did she get to the website from sitemeter? I have a sitemeter but I never see pictures on there or anything!
Brea,
Please put us on, I would love to follow how you guys are doing in Hawaii. And does Brint remember a missionary from Brazil named Kelsey Rogers from Eagar, Az.
Wendy
Yeah, this is why we went private on our blog a WHILE ago. I want to be added to yours, please! I can't wait to see all your fun times in Hawaii! Even though I will be VERY JEALOUS! :) my email is misssmgmack@hotmail.com
Have a safe trip and good luck with everything!
anjanehiatt@gmail.com
kacie.p@hotmail.com
Hey Brint and Brea, I wish you all the luck on your new adventure and yes I would like to be able to view your blog and keep up with your fun in Hawaii. nancendale@hotmail.com
Hi Brea. We are going private too. I'd love to keep up with you guys, so count me in. missa567@yahoo.com
Melissa
Don't forget us. We want to keep in touch with you guys while in Hawaii! good luck with everything. randalls51502@yahoo.com
Michelle, Ricky, and kids
well I'll probably be going private now. I don't know how though... anyway, my email is littlebug526@gmail.com
courtneyjohnson13@gmail.com
have a blast moving, ha ha probably not, but once you get there how awesome!
This is David & Staci we would love to follow you guys law school life in Hawaii. So please add us.
cutchencrew@cox.net
We want to be added Brea.
poyers@gmail.com
Thanks, Amber
i want to be added megara315@yahoo.com
Post a Comment