Wednesday, August 19, 2009

What an adventure....

We are staying in the Ala Moana Hotel and we'll be here until Friday. We are about a 5 min walk to the beach, and get this, if you go to the second floor of our building you can walk straight to the mall! Too bad we are starving students and I can't take full advantage of that. :( We are on the 23 floor and have a great view of Honolulu. It is truly amazing to me how many skyscrapers there are here. It's a BIG city! And every street starts with a "K" and it's so hard to figure out how to say the words because they don't look anything like the way they're spelled. haha but it's fun...

Sunday Brint and I went to the North Shore of the island where the Temple and BYU Hawaii are. It was absolutely beautiful. We got a few pictures...

State Flower
The LDS Temple
We also found out that the temple is getting renovated right now and will not be open until August of 2010. We were so sad when we heard that. :(
BYU Hawaii
These pictures below are from our tour of the island we did on Monday with the school.

We went to a Macadamia farm and Brint got to crack open his own Macadamia nuts and eat them. He was so excited!



So that's the adventure so far. Birnt has started orientation already and so I have just been hanging out and laying out... I must say I am getting pretty tan. :) I really don't have anything else to do but to lay out. I know, tough life right?

4 comments:

Jodi and Shaun said...

Hey! I'm glad you two made it ok! Your pictures are beautiful!! Can't wait to see more!

Jodi and Shaun said...

p.s. I'm going private soon so if you want to see my blog I need your e-mail. :o)

Whitney said...

So fun!! um I didnt know they closed temples for that long.

ConnieB said...

Wow yah, I definately would've been depressed to hear the temple's closed for that long! Sad day!

But so fun that you are living in HAWAII! :]

I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com