Sunday, November 1, 2009

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse...

Where to even begin....
It all started Friday night, Brint and I were just hanging out decided what we were going to do and I come out to the kitchen and find our sink OVERFLOWING!!!!! It was all over my newly washed dishes and countertops and dripping on the floor. We were taking pot and pans and filling them up and dumping them into our outside sink. We had no idea what was going on and why it was happening. We couldn't get a hold of our landlord and couldn't call a plumber without his permission! So we end up emptying most of the sink out and trying to plunge it! Yeah, that did NOTHING! So what do you do? We just left it... went to bed and got up Saturday morning to a full sink again! This time the water had bubbles in it... thought that was weird! John (the landlord) finally called us back, and came over to see if he could fix the problem his self. Well it was Halloween... and everyone was busy with families and such so did anything get done? NO! So he promised us that he would have a plumber come out first thing Sunday and that the problem would get solve. Did that plumber come? NO! But this time we woke up to it all the way overflowed with water and inch deep on our tile!!!! the cabinets are warped and everything is just a MESS! It smells nasty and is just awful! So after church we cleaned up the floor and got it some-what under control. We left to do our normal Sunday thing, which is to go relax by a beach and read our books. We came home... seriously perfect timing, because we saw it filling up again and it was bubbling over and I was FREAKING out! I was taking every pot I could find and filling it up why Brint ran upstair to the tenants that live above us and told them to TURN THEIR WATER OFF! They were doing DISHES! Yes, dishes! And we were getting their food coming through to our sink! NASTY!! We got is under control again and this is what my kitchen now looks like until tomorrow when the plumber comes! Just kill me now please...!

(the water is actually pretty clear compared to other times and this was after we emptied it!)


BUT, on a positive note... we got a portable AC unit! OH MY GOSH! it's Heaven! being able to snuggle again with the hubby, and actually use the comforter... it's just lovely!

it seriously is "Just another day in Paradise..."

6 comments:

Courtney said...

oh my gosh what a disaster! i hate when thinks break, I don't know why they can't just work properly all the time =) Good luck!

Jonathan and Sarah said...

NO FUN!!! I lived in an apartment where a few times liquidy poop came up the shower floor. SICK!

ConnieB said...

Oh man that really sucks! It'll be funny to look back on someday? Hopefully? (: I'm sorry! Glad you got an AC unit though!

Stephens Family said...

Dude, your landlord is dumb!! Why were you not allowed to call a plumber? Now he not only has to deal with a messed up sink, but those cabinets and floor will need replaced. Oh, I would be soooo mad. I am sorry Brea. But, hopfully the beach was nice....

Kellen and Erin said...

Bah! That's crazy!! I love that your 'normal sunday thing' is to go to the beach though. That made me laugh. Well I hope you guys get this all figured out!!

Jenni Sue said...

Ick! That is no fun to deal with. I hope everything got taken care of. Miss you so much!

I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com