Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Gathering Place

I have been called to be the 1st councilor in the Young Women's Presidency in our ward and as a youth group we and all of the Stakes of Hawaii were able to be apart of the Cultural Presentation "The Gathering Place" that was preformed last night for the prophet. What an incredible experience this was. Our youth have been practicing and preparing for this event for months. They have put many hours into making this perfect. I am so proud of them they all did an amazing job.

Friday nights rehearsal. There were over 2000 youth there to preform. Each Stake had a different routine.

When the prophet, Thomas S. Monson, walked in all of the youth started screaming and cheering for him. He absolutely love it. (P.S. all these picture were taken with my phone so sorry they are not the best quality)




Addressing the youth...

Let the show begin! 

This was out Stake. Our theme was the plantation workers. 



Some other Stake performances. 






2000 youth singing "Army of Helaman" all dressed in white. What a moving performance. 

After all is said and done, it was amazing. I am fully exhausted. But will always look back on this day and remember the powerful spirit that was there and the message that it sent. 

The Laie Temple Dedicated November 21, 2010

"I Love to See the Temple"


5 comments:

Hiatt Family said...

That is awesome! What a neat experience to be a part of. I'm sure you are GREAT with the YW Brea!

Rachael and Jeff Downs said...

How beautiful! That must have been a wonderful experience...!

cheryl said...

WOW! What an incredible experience...one you will remember & cherish forever!!! That is so great!

Trisha said...

I LOVE your new picture at the top..... so cute! And I'm still super jealous of all your fun and exciting things! I was in YW when we were first married, you will love it!

ConnieB said...

This is so cool! Love it!

I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com