Sunday, September 11, 2011

Since we've been home....

Tomorrow will make 3 weeks since we've been home from our summer adventures. In the last 3 weeks we have done quite a bit. First off- UNPACKING= NO FUN! 
I will say though- I was able to get everything unpacked and clean in 5 days! (I was very proud of myself)
Brint had to start school on that Monday we got back to HI. :( so I had quite a bit of time on my hands. Since then- I have made some home-improvement projects to the house while he's been gone... haha
I started with our room: I have always wanted to paint a wall chocolate brown! :)
Next- our closet door! UGLY! I have been wanting to paint all the doors in our house since the day we moved in... Now I decided to finally do it! :)

BEFORE
AFTER
I think having the doors painted really brighten up the room. I'm pretty pleased with how it all turned out! I also have been trying to find something that I could make to hang all my necklaces on... I finally discovered something that I already had and here's how it turned out: 

BEFORE

AFTER
I love having fun little projects! I want to write something on the board with a stencil- but I can't figure out what I want to write yet! 

So Brint's been busy with school and I've kept myself busy with all this! HA!! I have more ideas up my sleeve. OH- also, I've planted a few veggies outside in our backyard! Lettuce, Green onions & Basil. They are starting to grow!

The play house and the super ugly tall grass is NOT our yard!
 They live below us and it drives me crazy how tall they let their grass get.

My cute little lettuce! I'm so happy! :)




2 comments:

Roxanibus said...

wow you are so good at those craft things! I need some creativity. Send some vibes my way!

Rachael and Jeff Downs said...

You are so brave to paint all by yourself! And it turned out fabulously! I love that you are so motivated...and all the laundry DONE in 5 days?!! You go girl!!

I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com