Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Brea + Snowboarding = broken WRIST!

where to even begin...??? I guess lets just start from the beginning... this past weekend Brint and I went with his sister Aryn and her (special) friend Sean up to Pinetop to go SNOWBOARDING!! I was so excited to go. I had been once before but I didn't have a whole lot of experience. So anywho... we left Friday after work. When we got there it was Freezing, at least for us Arizonians who have thin blood like myself, we tried to drive in and ended up getting stuck.



Sean and Brint got out to go and try to get the front door open. don't worry they couldn't get the key to work, oh and we were STUCK in the snow!

We finally got the key to work. Sean hag dug a path to walk in. And everything was a-okay!


The next morning, Brint and Sean eating their yummy breakfast. Oranges....



I saw my first icicles!!!! they were so pretty....





Don't you worry.... we were STUCK again trying to back out! we were seriously there for an hour trying to get out of the snow.








We made it!



going up to the very top of the mountain! I was overwhelmed but excited!









now trying to get down the mountain was the hard part.... as you can see i got a boo-boo!




We didn't know if it was broken or pulled. If you look close you can see the huge bump! I'm talkin this thing was a golf ball!!! and it KILLED!





We returned home safe. This was at the urgent care where they took xrays and broke the BAD news to me. It was broken. And a bad break at that!!!



This was me yesterday. I went to the doctor and he gave me a cast and scheduled me for surgery!!! I couldn't believe it. I had to go and get a cat scan this morning and then that would give us a clear understanding of how bad the break really was.
I just got a call from the doctors office this afternoon, and they said NO SURGERY!!! YAY! I was so happy to hear that. I have to go in 2 weeks to take new xrays and then we will see where we are from there. Keep coming by to check for updates....












12 comments:

ConnieB said...

dang, brea, sorry about that! I almost broke my neck the first time I snowboarded, if it makes you feel better (: Well, I changed my blog address, but you can still get to it from my profile name! fyi I'm just trying to keep my last name off the internet- lol

Sara said...

I'm glad you don't have to have surgery! You crazy girl--fall on your bum not your wrist next time!

elise said...

oh brea i'm so sorry! i don't snowboard anymore...you were there...you remember. i hope you get better soon!

Whitney said...

Oh brea. That sounds terrible. Alteast no surgery, right? Ive never been snowboarding or skiing and dont really have a desire for the very same reason you have a purple cast on your arm. Hope you heal soon! Make Brint take really good care of you.

Luke & Shawnie said...

Luke told me he saw you there! That happened to me last time I went snowboarding, except i just sprained it-thank goodness cuz we dont have insurance!

Allie said...

That sucks! I'm sorry you broke your wrist but at least you have a cute cast! :)

Hiatt Family said...

I am so sorry Brea! That's why you guys should have come to Pine with us instead! :) I'm SO glad that you don't have to have surgery. I'll definitely be checking in to see how things are going! Good luck! I think your cast looks cute too!

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Eeeek! I am so sorry about your wrist! Make sure your hubby gives you lots of cuddles.

Lance and Kara Ford Family said...

So sorry about your broken wrist. The purple cast is way hot though! I've never broken a bone, well except my neck, but I always wanted a cast. Unfortunately when I broke my neck I didn't get a cast. Ok I'm officially crazy. Really I don't want a broken bone just a cast.

Trisha said...

Oh my goodness! You poor thing! I sprained my ankle a year ago and it hurt soooo freaking bad, I can't even imagine breaking your wrist. Let me know if you need help with ANYTHING!!! I'll come do your dishes if you need it!

Sarah and Trent said...

Oh my heck!!! I am so sorry - if there is ANYTHING I can do, please let me know! I cracked my tailbone snowboarding...it's kind of a dangerous sport..

Chelsi said...

ok i gotta ask.. hahahahaha is that my club red long sleave shirt you are wearing in one of these pictures?? and the braves shirt, classic... good times. even old clothes bring out memories!

I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com