Brint and I had the opportunity to go down to Rocky Point, Mexico this Christmas break and build home for the people there. This is the second year we have done this with the group called "families helping families." Last year my experience was not the most exciting because the day before we went down I had had my wisdom tooth pulled out, so I was a little out of it and in pain. It was hard to smile. Luckly, and the only reason I went down, was because I had only one tooth pulled out and it was on top. So I am sure it was not as bad as it would have been if all 4 were taken out.
But this year I had a wonderful experience. I learned a lot and have so much more gratitude for construction workers. That's a TOUGH job! Woo... Anyway, it was nice to be able to be apart of a group that helps and serves others. It reminds me of who and what I want to become. And that is more Christ like. Being able to serve others bring me such great joy. Knowing that I am helping someone in need and letting them have their prayers answered by us taking time out of our lives to help is what I want my life to be about.
He are some pictures of our trip. Sorry I do not have any pictures of the finished product. I will have to get them from my mother-in-law and post them up later.
Brint's battle wound!
Feet!!! hehe
This is my favorite part of Mexico!
End of the day the first day! we had concrete all over us!
Me, my sister-in-law Aryn, and our cousin Morgan.
Laying the first bricks.
The huge group! (and this is just at one of the houses, there
was another one being built too)
Me and Aryn!
7 comments:
That is so cool that you got to do that. That would be such an awesome experience! Looks like you guys had a great Christmas, and it was so good to see you guys the other day. Love ya!
Wow, what a neat experience. You guys are awesome!
That is seriously the coolest thing ever. How awesome!
Hey thanks for your comment on my blog. Wow what a great way to spend Christmas, I love it. Thanks for the Christmas card, you guys are so cute.
hi brea, not sure if you would remember me..but i came across your blog and had to say hi! looks like you're doing great!
Hey brea! It's Brittany Hutchison. I found you on Sarah Buehlers blog. I am the visiting teacher who stalks you :) Anyways, glad to hear you had a good trip. That is so awesome that you guys do this!
You are sucha good person! I bet that was a great experience!
Post a Comment