Sunday, September 20, 2009

checked off the list

So if you recall, I was terrified of snorkeling after getting back from our honeymoon in Maui. Well after much thought and pretty much Brint and others telling me that I need to get back out and try it again, I attempted snorkeling again and LOVED IT! :)

We went to Hanauma Bay just out side of Hawaii Kai. It was absolutely beautiful! What a great spot for me to learn to snorkel (again). My fear last time I went was I didn't like how shallow it was and I HATED touching the coral... I thought I kicked a fish and it totally FREAKED me out! So now I am proud to say that I have mastered snorkeling (well, maybe "master" isn't the right word...).

Hanauma Bay


The chickens were at the beach just hanging out with everyone. It was really funny!

Mr. Rooster himself

6 comments:

ConnieB said...

I'm glad you faced your fears! I want to try snorkeling! Scuba diving I don't think so...

It's so goregous there! What's the weather like? Never been.

(of course, I love your blog!)

Ashlee said...

OMG I love love love hanauma bay! its so fun! I'm jealous! I cant wait until the boys are old enough to snorkle. Love you girlie, Eldon misses you. =)

Jenni Sue said...

I'm so jealous! This is one of the things on my "list". We HAVE to do it when we come. We need to chat and figure out when's best for Brint for us to come, too. I MISS YOU!!

Whitney said...

I am sucky as your blogging friend(well friends in real life too) If you would like to fire me I will understand. But Im finally catching up and hopefully commenting more on peoples blogs. Uh Hi I sound like Im being missed and that Im THAT important. Anyway... I am so jealous of you guys right now. How do you not just play all day long?

Whitni Watkins said...

I love Hanauma Bay. Thats where I went snorkeling for the first time...wait no it was my 3rd time oops. But I have a mason jar of white sand from that bay.... there is a sign that says don't take the sand I just couldnt resist!

Courtney said...

did you see any big turtles while you were there! That was my favorite part about this bay. I loved swimming next to them and touching them, totally cool.

I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com