Saturday, September 5, 2009

Life in Hawaii

Well we finally moved in, but I will have to say that our first night there was absolutely miserable! The tenants that were there before us were 8 college boys and they like to live the college life. They saved all of the beer cans and liquor bottles so they could recycle them but little did they know they had and infestation of ROACHES! Yeah you heard me ROACHES! YUCK!!!! I absolutely HATE roaches! and don't worry these are not only the small ones but the BIG ones too! They are about and inch long! And they have wings!

So that first night we went out and bought a futon and Brint and I tried setting it up, well we couldn't finish because we didn't have a screwdriver. So we that first night we ended up sleeping on the futon mattress on the floor with all the BUGS! So pretty much we didn't sleep at all! It was truly the worst NIGHT EVER! Poor Brint, he didn't get any sleep and he had to get up the next morning and go to school and try to focus and learn something! He was so beat by the time he got home. But I went out and got a screwdriver and we got that futon set up and were finally able to get a decent night's sleep.

Other than that horrible night and a few buggies here and there, it has been okay. I have had to do a lot of cleaning because the boys didn't clean before they left, but that has giving me something to do, so I won't complain about that. The weather is just beautiful! We actually have no AC and so we went out and bought 4 fans and it's not too bad once you get use to it. Definitely tropical weather. :)

Here are a few pics of our place:

This guys is actual size!
This is our little walk way around the house. Just needs to be cleaned up a bit:)
That's our back door, and where we do laundry.
Front door, and living room.
Master bedroom. (just waiting for our stuff)
The futon! (our bed for right now)
oh, hey there!
Tiny bathroom sink!

Kitchen area... (please don't judge me for the trash against the wall)
my $10 table and FREE flowers! :)
Our $75 couch

1 comment:

Whitni Watkins said...

Yay Its so nice when you actually start decorating and getting stuff together. I am excited for you guys, especially for you. You have alot of work but fun ahead, I want to see pictures when you get it decorated!

I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com