Thursday, September 24, 2009

So far from paradise right now!


Do you know what it takes to get one of these???? If your answer is no, then let me explain the pain and torture of getting this!

So after your vehicle lands in Hawaii you have 30 days to register your vehicle in the state of Hawaii. Well in order to register you have to have the following items:

- Prof of No-Fault insurance in the state of Hawaii
-Current registration
-Safety Inspection Certificate
- Receipt of Delivery

So not too bad of a list right?

WRONG!

So here is the start to the day of getting our car registered: Took Brint to school and was having a GREAT morning so far. Our stuff was suppose to come in that day, so you can only imagine how excited I was. Well I called the shipping place just to make sure everything was going smoothly and they hung up on me 3 times and finally the last time I called back I told them they weren't allowed to put me on hold! (I was starting to get angry) So finally I got to talk to someone and asked when our stuff would be arriving and do you know what he told me... "It looks like it's not due to land in Honolulu for another 2 WEEKS!!!!" WHAT?!?!?! (Yeah I was speechless... this was the 3rd time they had told us this.) So of course I make him explain himself and ask 50 questions in 30 seconds! So after that phone called was finished I was LIVID! (this is when the day got even worse) So I go to get Brint so we can go and take care of getting the car registered and we had to go find a gas station that did a Safety Inspection, because heaven forbid they do it at one specific location,  so we pulled up to this one gas station and the guy that was there could barely speak english and pretty much the only thing we got out of him was he couldn't pass the car because the window tint was too dark! YES, TOO DARK! (so I guess in the state of Hawaii your windows can't have any dark tint on them, oh and keep in mind I just got them tinted less than 6 months ago! YEAH!!) So then we tried going to another few gas stations to see if they would say the same thing, we couldn't even find another one that did the Safety Inspection!

Finally, I  just dropped Brint back off at school because it was getting completely ridiculous and I went and found a Tint place to take my window tint off my windows so I could pass this *Insert word* inspection! So $52.00 later my car SUCKED! I can no longer sing in the car unnoticed! :( Then I went back to the gas station and tried to get the inspection again. Well guess who had an expired registration paper? ME! Yeah I didn't have a current registration I had Brint's mustang's current registration. So they much have been switched. So I ended up calling my mother in law and having her go online and finding the current registration and having her her email it to Brint so he could print it out so then we could take it and get this STUPID inspection! Oh man I was beyond mad at this point! I was DONE with Hawaii and wanted to come back to AZ so bad!

So 24 hours later we finally we able to PASS the inspection and go and register our car! What a stinkin JOKE! It was absolutely horrible! But now it is done and check off the list of things to do.

You people who are jealous of us living here, DON'T BE! *Just come visit! :)*

7 comments:

Cleona said...

Sounds like Texas. It was so difficult to get everything done here too. We were missing Az around that time. I still don't have a TX drivers license due to some other issues.

Brittany said...

Holy cow! What a pain!!! I didn't know you guys moved to Hawaii?!?! That's crazy. What an adventure. How long will u be there?

Kacie said...

Wow! You poor thing. At lelast you didn't have t drag children along throughout this. haha! That's a plus! I hope your stuff really does come in in 2 weeks. Thats ridiculous, I dont get why it takes so long, and didn't you say it wasn't cheap? So what the heck! Sorry, I hope you have a better week this coming week! Stay warm for me!

Stu and Angie Milne said...

ugh.. sorry girl. that sounds crazy! i can't believe you had to take the tint off your car! i hope things get better soon so you can get back to enjoying the beaches :) ps you are BEAUTIFUL! i love that picture of you and brint as your header, so cute!

Bay Morris said...

YOU'RE LIVING IN HAWAII?!?!? Why? That is amazing... Man, I love that place with all of my being.

Jodi and Shaun said...

Oh my goodness! That is crazy!! I'm sorry! I hope your stuff comes in soon!!

ConnieB said...

LOL. It's a love/hate. Sometimes the sucky things in life crack me up. That's no fun though!

YOU ARE MISSED.

I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com