Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Rio ~ Day 1

So since I have SO many photos and SO much to talk about I decided to do my Rio post in separate days! :) So here is our first day in Rio!

We ended up taking an over-night bus to Rio from Esprito Santo. We got there around 6:30am! We got settled in and then decided to not wait another minute! I wanted to see the city! It was a really clear day in Rio and we decided to do Sugar Loaf.

It was SO much fun! I was a little nervous about going up a wire rail up to the top of the peak but it was worth every minute of my nervousness!

We also went exploring different plazas and trying to capture it all it! There is a 7 story mall in Rio that we went to! very interesting! I actually don't prefer it. There we only about 3 main store per floor. Once we made it up to the 7th floor we found a little potato place to eat that Brint used to eat at when he was there 10 years ago. 

Then we hit up the movie theater and saw Captain America in 3D! 

We walked around different plaza's. 


I loved some of the sidewalks here. They had beautiful trees lined the whole way down.
 We stopped by on of the churches in an area where Brint served. It was a very interesting building. It was not your typical church building where it stands alone and it looks like a church. This one was more like a business building look and the church was 3 stories. 

I loved it at night. There are so many beautiful churches in Brazil. Most of the buildings were lit up at night and looked so beautiful.  


Then we took our hour bus ride home.... Yes an hour, maybe even an hour and a half one way. So when we get up in the morning we plan to be gone the entire day! We would leave the house around 10:30am and not get home sometimes until 10 at night! We walked SO much... we were exhausted by the end of the day! 
After we got home that night we went out to this AWESOME night club/lounge! It was full of antique decorations and vintage items. That night there was a ban playing Samba music and I loved it! The women were amazing at dancing to Samba. It is the coolest and hardest dance I've ever seen. We had such a blast. 







Pretty much our first night there was AWESOME! :) 

1 comment:

Sarah and Trent said...

What incredible experiences! I am so glad that you have gotten to meet people that Brint served with. Isn't that the neatest feeling ever? When we went to CHile we met a lot of people Trent had taught. It was just incredible!!

I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com