So within 10 min or so duke started walking in circles and I couldn't figure out what he was doing and then he started vomiting. He ended up vomiting for about 10 min and once he was done I carried him up stairs because he couldn't even walk. He was all muddy so I put him in the bath and by that time Brint was home and I was just finishing up Dukes bath and then we noticed that Duke's left eye was all red and I just thought that maybe he got a little soap in it and it was just a little irritated, but then it turned into this (see below) within 10 min....

Then you will notice that the right side of his nose is all swollen too. It was spreading!
So we ended up going to the Pet Emergency room because our vet was already closed. So when we got there, they took a look at Duke and told us that it was probably some kind of bite, or a bee/wasp sting, or it could of been whatever bug was in the water. So really we have no idea what happened or what he got. So really all they gave him was a shot of Benedryl and told us to go home and watch him. And if the swelling got any worse than we should give him 1-3 tablets of Benedryl a day until it got better.So when we got home he curled up on the couch and rested... You can see in this picture that his eye and nose swelling is going down and it is starting to look alot better. Thank goodness...
My little baby dog... :) I was in heaven just holding him!!! 
Well this morning Brint said that Duke's swelling is pretty much gone and Brint took him over to his parents house and now he is playing and having fun. Yay... he's back to normal...
5 comments:
Poor little guy! We had to go to the pet ER once because my cat was inside the clothes dryer sleeping, we didn't notice, and we threw clothes on him and turned it on! He was in there for 10-15 minutes before anyone noticed. He lived for like 10more years after that (:
Brea! I am so happy I found your blog! I just found out you are in my brother and sis-in-laws ward...and even in there complex! Ummm, hello...we need to get together! I miss your face! :)
Brea! I guess everyone is finding your blog now! :) I saw your mom at adams reception last friday, where were you!? You look like your doin great!
I had no idea that Adam or Cody were even engaged!! haha and then i found out about it and I was at Carried Underwood that night.
Hi girl, I'm glad you found me. Looks like you are doing great and enjoying the married life!
Post a Comment