So I'm a little late in posting this but there was a HUGE celebrations here in Salvador on July 1 right outside our hotel. The street was completely blocked off and there were people everywhere! My pictures do NOT do it justice to display the amount of people there were.
I guess the celebration was a religious celebration. Each church had different trucks and they had their followers marching/dancing behind them. It was like a battle of the music! I think Brint and I came away a little deft.
| Click on this pic and make it big... you can see that there are people all the way up to the hill... It even continued around and down the other side. |
| There were about 5-6 of these trucks.. you can see on top of them are people and they were the singers/preachers/entertainment. |
| MORE PEOPLE! haha |
There were a lot of dance groups out in the streets dancing their hearts away.... It was quite a production. They partied like this till at least midnight... We could hear it all night long! The next day we went out on a walk and noticed they had set up a stage by the lighthouse! I love Brazilians, they sure know how to have a good time! :)
1 comment:
I love reading your blog and seeing all of your guy's fun adventures. What an experience of a lifetime! You make me want to go away and live somewhere exotic. And I thought Georgia was a culture shock :)
Post a Comment