We've been here, in Salvador, for over a month and a half now and have been SEARCHING for a church. Last week Brint found one!!! HOORAY! :)
I didn't realize, until I was reading my cousin's blog, how much I truly missed going to church. My cousin is in Peru helping out at a Children's Orphanage. She talked about her experience at church and how strong the spirit was there. She said she got up and bore her testimony, in Spanish. She wrote it out on her blog and I cried. I could feel the spirit so strong through her testimony even though I didn't fully understand the language. I then realized that I've missed feeling the spirit that you feel when you go to church. Feeling the love that the members have for the gospel. Partaking the sacrament... I missed it all. So when Brint said he found a church I was SO HAPPY! We went for the first time in 7 weeks and what a comfort I felt while I was there. I tried my hardest to really listen and try to understand the talks. I got a few bits and pieces of what the speakers were saying. After the service, I was overwhelmed.... Everyone came up to us and introduced themselves to us. A few spoke a little english and were so excited to use it on us. They were truly the sweetest people. I loved them. There was a time I could feel myself shutting down because I was overwhelmed by portuguese. I was aware that even though practicing everyday, I still couldn't really speak the language. Everyone was talking so fast... I couldn't keep up all the time. Brint was a shining star though! My husband is truly AMAZING!
The coolest thing happened while we were there. There was a guy named Eric that was member of the ward. I noticed him during the meeting, he kept staring at us... I was just thinking maybe he was trying to figure us out. He came up afterwards and Brint recognized him... they figured it out! Eric was a member in one of Brint's areas he served on his mission!!!! How cool is that??? I guess a short while after Brint left, Eric went on his mission! WOW! It gives me the chills! It was so cool to see them reunited! Brint was beaming with joy! haha I'm really excited for the next chapter of our trip... next week we will be traveling to the area where Brint served... I am SO excited and I think, now especially, Brint is even MORE EXCITED! :)
After church, on our way home, we stopped at this little area with the fat ladies! :) I have been dying to take pictures of these statues! I think they are so funny! so here is us being goofy...


3 comments:
We're happy that you're having a grand experience there. Keep posting - we love reading about your experiences. Mahalo!
YAY! I love this post. And PLEASE, tell me where you got your dress!! Miss you guys!
Brea, I love you! I am sooo glad you guys found a church there. I am also super happy to hear it felt a little bit more like home :) It is amazing how special the days I went to church down in Peru are to me now. I wish I was back there and ready to go back to Sacrament there. I LOVE YOU AND BRINT! So happy you are getting to experience this together!!!!
Post a Comment