Oh Salvador, we will miss you! Tonight is our last night here and it is a bitter/sweet feeling. I am so sad to go. Brint and I have felt a sense of permanence here in Salvador. We have been very fortunate to meet some great friends and explore a beautiful city. We sure will miss our time here. What an experience it has been. I was asked what my favorite thing has been and I think I will have to say
Pelourinho. This bairro (neighborhood) has so much culture! The buildings we beautiful. There was so much life and color. I really enjoyed walking the streets and getting a glimpse of what it might have been. Brint says his favorite was the
Sáo Joáo party. I agree, this was SO MUCH FUN! We got to experience a holiday down here and see what it's like to party brazilian style. Dancing, eating, enjoying great company... Let's just say it was memorable.
I feel like everything we've done here has been memorable. In our 2 months of being here in Salvador we have grown to love it and have enjoyed exploring and capturing anything & everything that we can. I am very excited to see another city here in Brasil. Our next stop is Vila Vella, Esprito Santo! This is there area where Brint served his missing 10 years ago. We will be staying with one of Brint's BEST friends from the mission. They have kept in contact all these years and have remained best friends. I am very excited to actually meet Enilson in person. I think our next adventure will be great. Then we have a few more adventures lined up before we head home. So stay tuned! :)
Here are some highlights of Salvador.... Enjoy!
5 comments:
wow you guys really did a lot of fun stuff! good for you, exploring while you can! enjoy the rest of your holiday
Jeff went back not too long after the mission and i have been jealous ever since!
i'm so glad you're getting to experience some of the things, and places that brint was able to enjoy on his mission.
i hope to do that with Jace soon!
That went by so fast it seems! What an awesome experience!!
WOW!! What a great experience that you guys will always treasure. That is so cool!!!
It looks so amazing there, definitely added to my wish list of places to visit. I am absolutely in love with the golden church!
Post a Comment