SALVADOR, BRASIL
After a long flight we finally made it! Isn't it beautiful???
Our hotel room... it was TINY! we had to push the beds together and of course they were different heights. haha but honestly we didn't care, we were exhausted! We went to bed around 8pm and didn't wake up until 1pm the next day....
These are real cars! It was crazy! Not sure what the significance of them being stacked up like a cross is but I will soon find out.
Our first night... a real Brazillian dinner.
my favorite drink in ALL of Brazil! :)
We went out to lunch with a co-worker of Brint's and they took us to this nice restaurant. This is what we had. Sorry can't remember the names of anything. HA
After lunch they took us on a walk down the strip of the Barra.
This is a Spanish hospital (but it is also open to the public). I guess there is a wide variety of mix race here in Salvador and a TON of history. I cannot wait to learn all about it.
The light house is one of the oldest buildings here in Salvador.
These women are known for their YUMMY food. I haven't tried it yet, but I will soon!
This morning I went to eat a banana for breakfast, and I had something furry growing on it! SICK!
The sunsets here are gorgeous! It gets dark early here, around 5:30-6pm. It's because it's winter time! but the weather outside is high of 80 degrees and low of 75. TROPICAL! :)
This is a view from our apartment. We are actually right on the beach, but we are on the backside of the building so we don't face the ocean. We don't mind too much, it's a lot cheaper.
Here is another view...
This is a street view of the area where our hotel was at. I am planning to go out with Brint later today to actually get pictures of the area. I haven't been walking with my camera or purse because I don't want to be a target. But when Brint is with me I don't mind walking with those things.
Since we have been here I have already learned a lot. I am still trying to learn Portuguese. I am getting a little better each day. Brint is being so patient with me. Yesterday I went to the grocery store all by myself and I did just fine. I think when he is with me I count on him to communicate. So instead, what we are starting to do is have me either pay, or asked how much something is, or if they carry a certain item and then he helps me understand what they say. I still have a hard time knowing what they say back to me. But I love it! It's definitely different here. I was craving some munchies the other night and so we went to a gas station and found some ruffle chips, I was so excited. Then I tried them....... yea they are not the ruffles I was thinking they would be. HA The food is different but I like most of it! Because we are next to the ocean, there is a lot of fish and shrimp here. Thank goodness I like fish and shrimp! The people here are friendly. I was worried I would stick out like a sore thumb, but actually there are enough mix in race here that I kinda blend in, well until I speak! haha
Chao Chao! :)




3 comments:
oh brea im glad you made it safely! looks and sounds so fun!! you'll be a brazilian babe when you get back! :)
yayy! I am soooo happy for you guys :). I was just talking to my mom today about you and Brint... she loves you guys! Keep up with the Portuguese... you are a brave soul!! Love you!
Wow! That hotel room is tiny- you weren't kidding! That's hilarious. The food looks divine- that drink sounds yummy. I cant believe you are really there! What a perfect summer trip did I mention I was jealous? Oh okay just making sure! So did you eat the banana? It looked nasty- but was it okay on the inside? All the buildings being colorful like that reminds me of the movies filmed in other countries!
Post a Comment