Saturday, June 25, 2011

Praia do Forte

Brint and I had an opportunity to go and visit a village here in Salvador called Praia do Forte. Such an awesome little village. I loved it. It was very colorful and full of shops and restaurants. It was a wonderful day trip and we couldn't have asked for a better day! The weather was perfect! 

Town square

 We took a taxi over to a great beach spot and did a little snorkeling. 


Saw this little guy on our way over.... isn't he cute???  


SNORKELING! 
Honestly, it wasn't the best snorkeling we've done. I feel we are a little snobbish when it comes to snorkeling because we live in Hawaii, but it was still really fun. The water is so warm and the coral is different here. 





CHEESE! :)

Project Turtle!
This is an effort to repopulate the 5 different turtle species that are found on the coast of Brazil. Pretty cool place. 




  




Baby Turtles! they were adorable! I wanted one.


Kissy kissy! 
Overall- it was a great day spent with great company! I love being here and spending time with the hubby! Going on trips always brings the "honeymoon" phase back out and I LOVE IT! :) We get to just enjoy each other and we are far away from school, work, and the stresses of everyday life. It's wonderful!

No comments:

I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com