Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I'm a workin' woman!

OK! so here in brazil, they either pay to take their clothes to a laundromat and have someone else wash them or if you're me, you save the money AND your clothes and wash them by hand in the bathroom sink. :) 
I have done a few loads now, ok- lets be honest now, 1 load = 4 shirts, so I've done probably 20 loads in our 1 week of being here and I was so proud to finally show Brint my system of washing our clothes. First, I throw everything that I am going to wash in the shower and get them all wet. Then take a few things at a time to the sink and wash them. Well... while I was on my high horse of being a cool "wash all your clothes by hand" type of person, I didn't realize that I put the clothes on top of the drain and I ended up completely FLOODING the bathroom! Oopsy..... All-in-all the clothes got wash and so did the floor. :) 

5 comments:

Gayla said...

Way to go Brea!
True Pioneer Spirit!!! I remember when I was on my mission in France and Belgium I washed my clothes the same way. I don't even remember any laundromats.
Just think of all the great memories you are making to tell your grandchildren.
Keep safe but have fun! Hi to Brint.
hugs,
Aunt Gayla

The Pearson's said...

You crack me up! Hilarious!!!! I love your attitude! I love that u washed the floor as well-too funny!

Mindy said...

Brea - Let me share from experience of living in Brazil... buy yourself a cheap 3-5 gallon bucket! Then the night before you plan to wash let them soak all night in soapy water. when you're ready to wash, dump the old water and wash with new - it works magic and makes getting the clothes clean easier. food for thought...wash them in the shower and you won't have a flood.
Eat some YUMMY rice and beans for me. Brazil is wonderful!
hugs - Mindy

deborah b. said...

You two are so cute. Brazil looks so fun. I love the buildings there and your tiny little apartment. And you are a trooper for handwashing your laundry... haha i have a hard enough time doing it even with a washing machine!

ConnieB said...

Honestly you are awesome for hand washing everything! What an ADVENTURE you are having!!

I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com