Friday, June 3, 2011

out & about

I finally took my camera out and got pics of the neighborhood where we have been staying... We went out to lunch and ate at this little hole in the wall, YUM! I was a little uncertain about it at first but Brint reassured me that I would like it. They gave us so much food and it only cost about $4. 


After lunch we went and walked around. The buildings here are so colorful. This is a typical mini-mart/fruit stand where you can buy fresh produce.


This is the strip where all of the hotels are. Each one of the buildings are a different hotel with a little mini-mart underneath. 


There were boys here getting fruit smoothies to drink. Love the fresh fruit hanging on the walls. 


This is our bank....


We went to a meat market to buy some fresh meat for dinner.


This is our hotel when we first arrived in Salvador. 


And this is our apartment complex now.... SO MUCH BETTER! :)
(isn't is so bright?! I like it because I never am confuse as to which complex is ours. haha)


Here are some pics of the inside of our little place. 



5 comments:

The Pearson's said...

Your apartment is so do-able!That's nothing worse than here in Hawaii hahaha! Sad! I like all the white- it looks clean and crisp!Definitely love the colors on the outside! Continue to have a great time-looks fun! Keep up the challenge of speaking the language!

Hiatt Family said...

That's crazy...those pictures look exactly like places that you would find around the corner from us here in Mexico!

cheryl said...

So excited for you & Brint to have this "adventure" & even more fun for Brint to be able to go back to Brasil. My guys {Eric & Craig} would LOVE to have that chance!!! Have a great time!

Alexandria Hiatt said...

Haha... your comment about how Brint reassured you reminds me of when Jesse took us into that one Chinese restaurant with meat hanging from the ceilings!! Your place looks so great! I am LOVING the fruit everywhere :).

Gayla said...

Love the pictures! You two look so happy. Go Brint, I am positive you will WOW them, what a fun place to do an internship....
Love your little apartment, very efficient. Reminds me of the places I stayed in Europe. Brea enjoy yourself, do a little digital scrapbooking (it's so fun). Can't wait to hear all about your adventures.
hugs,
Aunt Gayla

I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com