Tonight I went to the store for 5 things! It took me 2 HOURS!!!!!!!!! Why, you ask? Well, let me tell you...
You see, here in Brazil things are a little different than what I am used to. Here, people place their carts in line then leave and continue shopping with a little basket. They expect you to move their cart up for them and to keep an eye on it while their gone. Really, this is not what bothers me. I really don't mind. I'm gonna be standing in line no matter what, and really if I was smart I would do the same thing. But tonight I get to the store and it's crazy busy. Carts loaded up to the rim with stuff. Every line has at least 20 people in it and each one of them are moving about the same pace.
So it's been about 30-35min and finally there are 2 women in front of me. One's cart is packed and the other about half full. As the lady with the packed cart is placing her items on belt to get scanned she is organizing it. Now, I do the same thing. I typically like to make sure that my perishables are all together, etc. But when there are 20 people behind you in line, you just put your crap on the belt and get out of there because you've already been in line for almost an HOUR! But NO, not this woman! the cashier had caught up to her and was waiting on HER to put her items up to be purchased.... I swear to you it took her almost 20 min to check out! it was ridiculous!
FINALLY she is done! (I can finally see light at the end of the tunnel) oh but WAIT what happens next? As the lady in front of me put her stuff up on the belt she has about 3 things left in her cart. She then proceeds to move the cart so it is completely blocking the aisle and walks away and doesn't look back. Just pays and goes about her business.... Now here I am, CONFUSED, and PISSED because all I want to do is buy my 5 items and get the heck out of there. And of course I cannot speak portuguese!!! So instead I did something that I knew she would understand, I walked up, picked the cart up and made a HUGE ordeal about moving it out of the way so the rest of us could also check out! She just looks at me and rolls her eyes! That was it! The straw that broke my back.... There is one good thing about being in a country that is a different language apart from your own, you can say whatever you want and they cannot understand a word! so that is exactly what I did, with big hand gestures, might I add! (although tempted, I did not flip her off) HA!
So now I am still a little upset and I have all these people looking at me thinking I am a crazy American!! After paying, I now have to cary my heavy bag through the mall and walk all the way home. By now, it's DARK outside! YEAH.... great! As I am walking through the mall, this lady on her cell phone completely runs into me and then turns and gets mad at me for not getting out of the way! HELLO LADY- Do you see the wall next to me! I COULDN'T move.... why don't you try PAYING ATTENTION to where you are walking next time! FREAK! (yes, as you can tell, I am still a little upset by all of this!)
But I made it home, still pissed because of course I have to tell Brint what happened, and that made me relive it and remember how incredibly INCONSIDERATE people are! BLAH! k i'm all better now.... thanks for letting me vent! has anyone ever had to deal with something like this before?????? please share, I would love to hear!
3 comments:
I know this is probably not helpful at all, but I laughed when I read this! I would have loved to see you get mad at her! Sounds like a pretty crappy day. Let me share with you a story:
I used to be a fairly patient person, and didn't let others ruffle my feathers, always let things go etc. But then I had a baby and all of a sudden I was a lioness defending my cub 24/7. Someone just had to walk too close to my baby and I would give them the eye. When I was in NZ, we were at the airport on New Years Day waiting to come back to hawaii. It's packed with people, all getting mad etc. Well they let families with young kids go through a different line because I guess it's quicker, and this middle aged Japanese guy started yelling at us that we were cutting the line and we had to go to the back. Well I tried to tell him that we had been directed to our place and to take it up with the security person but he wouldn't shut up! Finally I got so mad I told him off in front of EVERYONE. Something along the lines of "stop telling everyone what to do" etc. He was quiet after that, but you know, I felt bad. I probably embarrassed him in front of his family, and wanted to apologize later but he was gone. Anyway, yeah, I think people need to be told off every now and then!
HAHAHAHA!!!! I'm so sorry... but this makes me laugh. I LOVE YOU :)
Oh. MY GOSH! I can not believe the insanity you have to deal with every time you have to shop! Please tell me it's not always that crazy! I would seriously STOCK up so I didn't have to deal with it! I can't imagine bringing kids to such a place either- geez that's retarded! You are too nice to not get bothered about saving a spot in line though... I would be like OH NO THEY DI'INT! haha! Okay Okay i'm done.
Post a Comment